Re: [MV] Multifuel block heater suggestions?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 19:35:52 PDT

>I heard that the best and perhaps easiest to install block heater for an
>M35 is the kind that goes in the radiator hose. Any comments on this?

I have had them all at one point or another. I prefer the core plug type.
Second would be the percolating type that tap into the block with heater
sized hose. What I don't like about the lower radiator hose ones is that
your also warming the radiator and hard pressed to get the far end of the
block warm. The core plug type puts the heat right into the block, as does
the percolating type. Ideal location would be low and centered but core
plug location obviously dictates what you can do. But then, your mileage
may vary.

later,

je