Re: [MV] M1009: Good and bad?

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 17:42:57 PDT

The good Doctor is correct about some problems in the electrical system. I
will say that I've had my 1985 M-1009 for a few years now, I drive it a
total of 115 miles each day to and from work at highway speeds, (around 75
to 80 MPH), and I love it very much! I have "HAM", military and
neighborhood watch radios installed along with a fire radio for our
Volunteer Fire Department along with a full set of lights, lightbar, a 200
watt siren, strobes, flashers and lots of other "goodies". It's amazing,
when I'm driving to and from work no one seems to want to pass me! They
must think I'm some kind of Law Enforcement vehicle or something? When I
have to "run hot" to a fire or First Responder call I have no problem
getting people on both sides of the road to pull WAY over! :-)

BTW, the guys on this list are fantastic! Every problem that I've had was
solved and every part I've needed came from right here on this list. THANKS
AGAIN GUYS!!!!

Best of luck with your M-1009,

Ed