Re: [MV] MILITARY BERETS

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 19:30:07 PDT

If I had to earn the right to own every piece of militaria in my
collection I would have to have served in about 50 countries' militaries
over the last 60 years. Obviously that would be a bit difficult :-)

My philosophy is that a piece of a uniform or a military vehicle, I don't
see the difference. They are objects which are inherently embeded with
nothing more than they are made from. I no more respect a piece of "good
guy" militaria than I fear/loath/hate a piece of "bad guy" militaria.
 However, I *do* respect the men who wore/wear the latter and have
negative feelings toward those who wear/wore the latter. And my respect
for history and desire to preserve it is why I spend ungodly amounts of
money on militaria and vehicles each and every year. There is no higher
form of respect than to plunk down $100 for a piece of cloth and then
hang it in a specially made closet never to be worn ever again!

Steve