Re: [MV] contacts in AM General and upper ball joint information

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 21:09:15 PDT

I have several contacts at AM General and know who to speak to but they are
usually not interested in ideas. Reason being is that the vehicle is under
gov't contract specs and a rather recent contract renewal spells out the
production line of the Humvee. Good, bad or ugly idea won't apply because
the contract spells out everything including every rivet. Vehicles are
tested on their test track and other places so until next contract is up,
ideas are shelved.
     There is a new and an old style upper and lower balljoint. Hole size
is different, military and civilian share the same piece but early and late
production apply here. You can go one way but not the other. Julian Burke