contacts in AM General and upper ball joint information

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 20:52:21 PDT

Hi List
Does someone know a contact in AM General?
I have some ideas that maybe can be used for future
hummer modifications,

I try the web site but I have no answer

I am installing new lower ball joints with 7/16 gade 8
fine tread bolts (thanks for the information)
and I inspect upper ball joins and all have some marks
in spherical part and bad boots
so I have to change all...

 I will like to know if the new upper ball joit will
fit in my old M998 the dealer said that the military
humvee had a diferent part number?
this number has the same desig of joint that the first
picture and only change the attaching part?

I like a lot the new design of the upper ball joint
 I was a good change "a robust design" , just
compare...

new design (I don´t know if is a civi or military one)
http://www.humvee.net/hid/susp/NewBad.jpg

old design
http://www.humvee.net/hid/susp/Almost.jpg

(thanks for the images to humvee.net and Dave Breggin)

thanks
Alejandro
M998 1985
GPW 1942