[MV] Blasting Cabinet use on a Deuce

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 17:04:40 PDT

A few months ago, the list was kind enough to steer me toward two
manufacturers of sand blasting cabinets. I've put enough aside to actually
order one now, and have decided on the Skat Blast units from TPTOOLS.COM...
however I was out measuring the doors on my deuce and find they are 29"
tall and probably 2.x inches deep. I was wondering if the height
measurement in such cabinets was absolute, or if I might be able to work on
the doors ( sans glass, etc ) if I put them in at an angle? Most of the
mid size units ( especially the ones which go on sale ) have a height
limitation of 28".

Convnetional wisdom claims size doesn't matter, but I'd probably have to
jump off my roof if I found I had bought such a unit and came up an inch
short.

I won't go into politics ( hey, at least we don't have a WWF champion for
governor! <g> ) but do have another MV Q: I had hoped to restore my truck
to original condition as when the county FD was done altering it. However
the engine just sucks. The plug wires were/are generic plug wires with
'LEE' press on nails.. er, wire caps on them. The wires have 4 or 5 thin
silver strands of metal in the middle, which you splay out manually once
you use pliers to clip on the end of the wire. I'm thinking I might get a
little more power if I used good plug wires, but have no idea what the
terminology is. Are they like speaker wires for a stereo? The gold wiring
is better, the thicker the core the better? Or would you lose some power if
the metal core was too wide as there was not enough power to push the amps
or whatever? I don't want to go crazy thinking I have a 454 under the
hood, but am hoping better plugs/harness and a good tuning can keep the
engine from stalling when I try to reverse up the hill in my back yard.

Many thanks for any thoughts ( about the truck: I for one Like Ahnold, and
if he listens to Warren Buffet then good things will probably happen here:
Can't get a lot worse. I ran into a cute girl at a local Petco who used to
own her own Fiber Optic Cable company- things went south in the industry,
now she is doing what she loves, training dogs, instead. I wonder if my 10
year old cattle dog would mind being trained again... :} )

          Paul
        MVPA# 24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
        '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton