Re: [MV] HEY! This is an MV List!

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 18:29:49 PDT

> Screw twin 50's. Give me an M163 PIVAD on one of those M113 hulls on a 5
ton chassis. THAT's a gun truck for > the next generation. With that
powerpack pulled out, I bed you could mount a nice large 20mm ready use
> magazine.

umm... I never hear anything on list about the weapon the movie makers have
loved the past 10 years, the 'man held' mini-gun. ( see Arnohld movies
like Predator, T2... or Steven Segal's Under Seige ) Is the idea
deterrence or wiping out any opponents? In the scheme of things I can't
believe the cost difference between twin 50's and a mini gun would mean
anything. Or would the powers that be worry about the ... cong, Iraqi old
regime, whomever getting a functional mini-gun to use on us? I never
considered that, but it Would be a devastating weapon to be used on
us. Perhaps they could fit it with a 'failsafe' self destruct if we lost it?

         Puzzled in Bay Pointe, Ca.
         MVPA@ 24986