M35A2C Oil leak

From: Coby Phillips (cobe308@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 21:26:58 PDT

I just got a M35A2C that had an oil leak right at the oil filters, so I
replaced the filters and gaskets with new NAPA 1133 filter kits. I noticed
the filters had 2 gaskets each, so I first put both sets of gaskets on. The
leak was worse. I then took the smaller rubber gasket off, and left just
the fiber-style washers. The leak is worse than ever. A mechanic told me I
would probably have to make my own gaskets, but the only gasket material
they have is the thin paper style. What have I done wrong, and what can I
do to fix this bad leak?

---