Re: [MV] RADIOACTIVE stenciled on S250

From: the novel savage (plarceny@semtex.iterror.org)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 04:13:32 PDT

As an FYI on this, the radium in the paint used to paint such dials is
still sufficiently radioactive to continue lighting the dials. The problem
is the phosphor element in the dials wears out after about 50 or so years.
If you want see if you can find some phosphor/glow in the dark paint, and
just touch up your dials. They'll be good as new.