Re: [MV] M35A2 Fuel Pump Question

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 04:16:57 PDT

K,

         It won't hurt the fuel injection pump one iota to run without the
electrical pump not running. All civilian heavy class 8 trucks (18 wheelers
class) are straight mechanical transfer pump to get fuel to injection pump.
The Multifuel, Cummins, and Mack engines the military uses all use the same
basic fuel system as the civilian ones do. The electric pump simply makes
it easier to purge the air from the fuel system when changing fuel filters
or after running out of fuel and also saves a lot of battery power versus
cranking engine waiting for the transfer pump to purge the air. Much easier
to open bleeders and bleed air out then have truck start easily.

         Keep looking for a reasonably priced electric pump or get the
rebuilding kit.

Jim

At 03:44 PM 10/10/2003 -0600, Kirk Thompson wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>My in-tank fuel pump died but the Deuce still runs. Can I keep running it
>this way or will this cause too much stress on the injector pump?
>
>I found a pump for $185. Anyone know where a cheaper source is?
>
>Thnx.
>
>-K

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com