????????????????SARONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 08:36:18 PDT

Guys here is a good one..
Not quite MV related...but USMC related...
I have had a request from a MARINE Recruiter in KS....
He has a question that I thought someone on the list may be able to come up
with some answers on..
It seems that in the 20's...in the South Pacific...the US MARINES were
issued "SARONGS"...yes..SARONGS..to better interact with the local Island
inhabitants. They even had the red stripe down the sides... What he needs is
any photos or any written literature on the subject. Seems he has acquired
one of the SARONGS and has not been able to come up with any definitive
literature on the subject. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks...Gene