Re: [MV] [MVlist] Army manual...Army's equiv to a CJ2A..anyone have the "TM"?

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 19:37:10 PDT

Reminds me of an old navy chief machinist telling a tale about back in
WW2 on Guam (I think) and they were working next to an Air Force crew
and when days work was done they raced the jeeps back to the base or
barracks and the Air Force jeep was the faster of the two...till the
machinists took their jeep in for maintainence and reground the camshaft
and rejetted the carb and milled the head a little. After getting smoked
real good the fly boys hung it up. Wonder where that jeep is
today...anybody got one with a weird idle? Fred Martin