Re: [MV] 5 ton question for List members (no politics, just pure MV stuff)

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 22:25:44 PDT

I have both a M54A2 and a M813A1, currently. The 813 came with a Cummins
NT250 and a dropside bed. The A1 designation means dropside. The Cummins
engine is longer, necessitating a longer hood. It has a larger radiator.
Cab is the same as a M54, which is the same as a deuce. Air filter is
bigger on the 813 and is located on the driver's side. Exhaust pipes are
slightly larger. The 813 has an overdrive tranny in it, probably because
the Cummins doesn't run as high an rpm as the multifuel M54. Can't think
of anything else different on them. Jim