Re: [MV] Miniguns

From: Jonathan Boos (acfarer@cox.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 14:11:22 PDT

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, wasn't the mini gun powered by General
Electric as opposed to a recoil or gas operated unit? I mean really, who is
going to carry the power supply? While the Predator unit was a hoot to watch
and they were relatively accurate in thier rate of fire multiplied by the
time the weapon was engaged = amount of ammo used, equation, they also did a
good job of hiding the extension cord that made the barrels spin.
I also seem to recall an article in a shooting magazine written after the
movie came out and they actually made an attempt at running one from the
hip. They said that they could not manage it for more than a few rounds at a
time. I guess Jesse Ventura was not available for the test firing. (Insert
tongue in cheek here)
JB