51 M37

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 06:19:30 PDT

Got the M37 out of storage yesterday. It has been there 5 years, in a garage
with all its parts. I was amazed, for one that everything was there and for
two, it started up on the first crank.

We put two fresh batteries in, added fuel, primed fuel pump, checked fluids,
one crank with some choke and she fired to life.....smooth....unreal!

She is heavy though. Drove her to my 16 foot car hauler and up the ramp and
lifted my pickup off the ground. The back wheels had light under them.
Supported the trailer with frame jacks and up she went.

Lost my storage so she is going into my Mom's garage. Still thinking about
selling her but the truck is so damn cool. All sheetmetal done, she had no
rust whan we started anyway...the best M37 I have ever seen. Tool box had no
rust and doors as new. Fresh brakes, complete with lines, cyls, master and
such, hiway gear conversion, fresh wheel bearings and seals, relined fuel
tank, fresh carb, tons of NOS parts, winch, canvas, side racks, new wire
harness, great glass. Pretty much a big parts kit, but alot of the hard,
dirty work done.

All sheet metal in prime, epoxy or oxide. Needs frame details, bed
installed, final paint, wire harness, and drive the hell out of it.

If anyone is interested drop me a line. I am kinda sleeping on it this
weekend as I have enough projects for a long time, the M5 hi speed tractor
needs attention and a M35 needing paint and details.....it goes on and on.
But it is just too cool a truck and it is so close.

Oh well..

Jon