151A1 Wiring harness Problems

From: Stu (stuinnh@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 12:38:39 PDT

Hi all!.
Got new harness in. All wire numbers matched. I have 1 extra #27 wire.
Can't see where it could go. Took the #77 wire from the electric fuel
pump and ran it to electric wipers on my 151A1 with A2 windshield. I
converted to A2 manual fuel pump also so I don't need power there.
Everything went well except I found extra wire tagged #10 that had been
attached to the starter pedal underneath, on the same lug as the new
wire from the harness would go. I had cut the old harness ends off and
left them connected, but I now don't know where it could have connected
to.
Now engine starts, horn works, gen gauge works. BUT, no lights, fuel
gauge or oil gauge. Could it be in the light switch or where??

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA
        "Live Free Or Die"

Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.
Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
Vehicles:
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer