Re: [MV] Air Compressor Recommendation?

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 14:29:27 PDT

I've seen some nice compressors, I think "Smith", that are actually gasoline
engines with half the cylinders blocked from the regular intake and fed with
fresh air, spark plugs unhooked, and the exhaust side then makes a
"compressor". The other half of the engine "runs" as normal.
Seems a simple thing to do, a V-8 engine turned into a V-4 that runs and a
V-4 that compresses, fuel tank and air tank. Seems a Ford 302 made that way
put out about 80 cfm. I'm sure RPM's would change that.
I'm sure it's more technical than that, but, that's the short of it......
Henry