CARC paint, M1009 ???

From: gpw1942@verizon.net
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 10:21:33 PDT

Hi All,
With winter just around the corner, I have decided to paint over my winter camo paint job(DC gov white and gray primer paint job) with a nice 3 color green camo paint, job so that I don’t loose her in the snow.
Couple questions about painting an M1009 for those of you with experience.

Do you recommend removing the brush guard and grill and painting them off the truck to get in all the nooks and crannies?

I have some surplus paint but do not know if it is CARC. Would it say so on the can, and is CARC always a 2-part paint?

If it’s not correct, any recommendations on where to get the correct color CARC paint? And yes, I am aware of the spraying hazards of CARC.

Lastly, recommendations on how to paint the proper camo job, i.e. freehand, stencils, draw it with pencil first, and where to find the correct camo layout.

Thanx in advance.

Dj
MVPA, MTA
42 MBT