Re: [MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 11:44:55 PDT

At 11:26 AM -0700 10/22/03, Joe Foley wrote:

>> Conduit is good. It's better protection for wires
>> and is a better
>> ground (if done right).
>+++++++++
>The last is a good point, "done right".
>
>Common problem in the ubiquitous "old house" is that
>there is NO GROUND!

I'm more worried about hanging neutrals in my house than loose
grounds. I'm slowly upgrading the interior wiring and splitting
circuits into lower loads per breaker. I've found several short cuts.

Metal boxes, pull new Romex, ground all the boxes, ground the
fixtures, switches and receptacles.

I've found one tapped in outlet that was "hooked" on the wires with
out being screwed down.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -