[MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 13:41:19 PDT

A follow up to the thread last week about choosing an air compressor. ( at
the rate I'm progressing toward buying the tools I need I've decided to
start sanding the tail light assemblies on the Deuce by hand :{ )

After looking around I found myself back at Sears, and their web site. I
called their tech support number today and was informed all of their
compressors will work in a home setting ( he claimed to be an ex electrical
contractor ). Some of their units say corded, some say wire by
professional only. Some say 220-240V, some say 240V. The spec sheets say
nothing more about whether it's single phase or three phase power required...

Has anyone been down this road before? Assuming the sales/tech person I
reach knows less than I so any thoughts on how to make certain I can run a
compressor I choose on single phase 220V ?

Many Thanks for your time.

        Paul
        MVPA# 24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion