British Eureka info wanted

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 22:35:04 PDT

Louis Meulstee, author of the authoritative 'Wireless for the Warrior' Series
describing Commonwealth radios during and after in WW II is working on a Vol.
4 about Clandestine Radios. This includes things like the Rebecca-Eureka beacon
system and other neat systems used in clandestine ops. A table of contents can
be seen here:

http://home.wxs.nl/~meuls003/progress4.html

Unfortunately, some of the information is very hard to find, because the
equipment was secret and sometimes was only produced in limited quantity. Hence
this appeal.

His principal requirements are technical data, circuits and pictures of the
British Eureka models Mk.I, Mk.II and Mk.III.
(I have some photos of the Mk.II and Mk.III). The information is in the
following British Air Publications:

No. 2914A, Eureka Mk.I

AP No. 2914D, Eureka Mk.II, IIC and IIF

AP No. 2914K, Eureka Mk.IIIB

(The 2914 series deals with all Rebecca and Eureka equipment as far as I can
trace)

If you can help in this worthy project, or know someone who might be able to,
please contact me directly, off-list.

Thanks very much,
-John