M1022 shelter dolly questions...

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 17:47:14 PDT

Hi folks,

I've just gotten one of these units, and seeing that it's not recommended to
tow them with a 2.5 ton truck, I was thinking of putting on an auxiliary air
supply. Basically a compressor that would run continuously (gas powered - or
possibly a genset and an electric compressor) and be tied into the dolly and
truck air supply. It would have to be somewhat sized for the amount of
braking that the dolly would need, but that's a minor problem. More than
likely I'd permanently mount it on the dolly.

Eventually I'd like to start getting some ISO containers as storage and
workshop space, plus it'd be nice to make a flat platform to load stuff on
too. Even though you can't back these dollies up, they're still a great item
if you need them. Too damned handy looking.

Has anyone done this, or seen a setup like this? Anyone have the bolts, or
the manuevering casters used to anchor the front and rear units together
when they're not attached to a container? Anyone know what the cfm@ x psi is
for some of the 5 ton trucks? Comments? Heckling? Finger pointing?

Regards,
Greg