RE: [MV] Breaking Mil-veh Rules

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 08:12:52 PST

Thanks Glenn.

I can appreciate the distinction, however feel Aurthur should bring on a jr
sysop or two. Mail lists and forums are public services, usually started
by idealistic people who want to help out. When you burn out ( and it
happens to most of us ) the 'service' side still needs a live body to help
users out. IMSHO, if nobody is actively checking for whatever the list
owner defines as improper posts and requests for help are not answered,
then the list is abandoned. As an aside, this list has VERY little traffic
compared to most I have been involved in. As authentication is handled
automatically ( I used to call people on the phone 12 years ago to verify
them for my own BBS <g> ) this list might require 30 minutes of effort a day.

         Paul