brackets in M1009

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 03:31:04 PST

Hello people,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of the actual military intention of the
bracket installed in the left rear side baggage compartment area of the
M-1009 CUCV trucks.
I've seen everything from small file cabinets to small metal boxes to jerry
can holders mounted there but was just wondering. I have not seen anything
about this bracket in the -10 manual but it is common to all of them.
I have one other bracket that is installed on the front transmission tunnel
cover next to the transfer case shift lever and it is most commonly used for
a small fire extinguisher.
Inquiring minds need to know.
Thanks,
Jim