Re: [MV] Snow chains?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 03:28:38 PST

Joe,

I use the chains on all tires. With six wheel drive and no interaxle diff,
you need to equalize the traction on all wheels.

Use highway pressure (50-55 psi). No need to air down, actually don't, you
may harm the tires.

If you have chains for the duals, use them. They can be taken apart to make
single type chains (I have done that).

You can also just put single type chains on the outer of the duals.

Chains make a world of difference in mud and snow!

Chains make for a rough ride on hard surface, though... you begin to feel
sorry for the old deuce vibrating like mad.

Have a great day!
Bjorn
Meadows of Dan,Virginia

>From: "GOTaM35" <gotam35@sc.rr.com>
>Subject: [MV] Snow chains?
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:57:44 -0500
>
>I picked up my latest GL purchase yesterday with included a bunch of snow
>chains. They all appear to be for duel wheels. I never realized they made
>a set with 3 main chains like this. Is this how most of you guys chain
>your
>deuces? Or do you use individual chains on each tire?
>
>I am also wondering how most of you use your chains. Do you just chain one
>axle in the back or both. I assume you use chains on the front axle too.
>quick lesson would be appreciated. I don't know when I will get to use
>them, it will be 80 degrees here over the weekend. There is always the
>chance will be get that devastating 4" snow storm this year.
>
>Joe Trapp
>Blythewood, SC

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es