Re: [MV] hoses for deuce

From: Bruce Kalin (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 11:20:54 PST

Joe is correct, no joy riding with historic plates in the Gestapo State.
However, there are occasions where you will have to drive the truck for
maintenance purposes, such as getting fuel, going to and from the
mechanics (that could be your best friend across the state) to a parade,
or educational event, or a club related activity. It doesn't restrict
the number of days that the vehicle can be driven.

Now, with historic plates your insurance will be less than $100.00 for
the entire year. So, if you consider the difference between the
registration and insurance costs, it becomes rather significant. I have
also found that most police officers are more lenient with historic
vehicles than a vehicle registered as a truck, especially when it comes
to safety and emissions. Don't try driving your WWII jeep without
directional signals in this state if you have standard tags - your jeep
will be headed straight for the impound yard.

Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin
USMC MTA, MVPA, MTANJ, NCMVPA