fuel mileage on M35

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 05:39:21 PST

I have read with interest the various things done to M35's to increase fuel
mileage - I do not have a dog in this hunt for my M35 is not driven enough
for me to be concerned about fuel mileage. But I have these thoughts - will
money spent for larger tires and wheels, disconnecting drive shafts, cutting
splines out of hubs, etc. increase fuel mileage enough to warrant these
being done.

One fellow posted something that made more sense to me -- "stay out of
it" -- meaning if you do not try to make these trucks try run "against the
govenors" fuel mileage is not bad so bad, and wear on other components is
reduced.

I am not being critical of folks who want to spend the money to make all the
changes - guess a poor country boy like me just does not understand.