RE: [MV] Nj DMV No Mv content.

From: dpope1 (dpope1@utk.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 17:08:24 PST

OK, I will try to clarify:

a. What You Need

1) Valid clear title (bill of sale is a Kleenex under TN law).

2) Proof of TN residency (for the specific county you reside in); anymore,
they just about require a driver license. Though I HAVE seen the County Court
Clerk take bills as proof of residence and can remember when they realy didn't
care WHAT county you lived in, they have tightened up in recent years. Even
though we now have a pernicious mandatory insurance law, the last vehicle I
registered they didn't even ask for proof of insurance.

3) $21.50 + appropriate county and State sales tax. Here in Knox Co., that is
9.25%.

b. What will happen

Go to the mall or the County Courthouse in the middle of the day, and there
usually isn't a line. Present your TDL and the valid clear title and the clerk
will prepare the title (or registration if you go to a branch). If you go to
the courthouse, you will go home with a valid title. Go to one of the branches
(mall or others), and you'll have a clear title in @ a month.

HTH,

Dave