Re: [MV] Brake bleeder recommendations

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 06:35:40 PST

>Getting geared up to flush my brake system on my M35, and was thinking
>that a brake bleeder (i.e. Mityvac) would be a useful tool to invest in,
>as my Bride has already expressed her lack of interest in being the one
>on the brake pedal. So, I was wondering if anyone has any
>recommendations on tools, good/bad experiences, etc. At this point, I'm
>thinking that a Mityvac is what I'm going to invest in, unless someone
>has a better suggestion.

I installed a set of Speed-Bleeders that replace the stock bleeder screws. I
flushed and bleed the entire truck myself in 20 minutes or so.

Go to:

www.speedbleeder.com

Click on "Sizes".

I forgot what the thread is on the deuce bleeder screws but I just ordered
based on that and they worked great.

Everything I own now has these, much mo better !

One word of advice, they come with rubber caps, use them. I installed these
on another dailey driver truck and the check ball in one of the bleeders
stuck shut after one round of winter salt.

good luck,

je