Re: [MV] Brake bleeder recommendations

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 06:33:39 PST

A system that I have used since I was a kid is merely
a bottle and a piece of neoprene line. Put about an inch
of fluid in the bottle, connect the line to the bleeder,
place the line in the bottle so it's in the fluid, crack
the bleeder open, pump the brake pedal (slow, if silicone)
a few times, check the bottle's contents. If there's a
lot more fluid in it, then the air in that cylinder/line
is probably eliminated. Do this routine to each cylinder.
There's controversy about which wheel to do first and
the sequence following. Make sure that you close the
bleeders and keep check of the fluid in the master cylinder.
Joe Young