Re: [MV] Abrams Tank Disabled by Mystery Round

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 11:11:55 PST

I especially love when an article states something like this one does:
"The incident is so sensitive that most experts in the field would talk only on the condition that they not be identified."

I guess that's not *really* letting anything slip out. I mean, you're only guilty if you get caught, right? Those people ought to be fired.

There are always 2 points of view about freedom of the press/information. However, in this situation (the info is classified), zipped lips is the only practice. It is interesting reading, for sure. But, do I need to know this information? NO! As long as the people who can do something about it are aware of it, they will do their best to prevent it/analyze it. That's why they get paid.

The reality is that the people who fired it know what it accomplished. Let them be the ones to brag about it. I doubt they need our help to spread it around.