Air operated parking brake

From: peter zimbelman (peterz@dnet.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 04:02:44 PST

Air operated parking brake

Check out SurplusCenter.com for the many useful items for MV'ers. They are a
real class act in execution and delivery, almost as good as Arthur Bloom or
Wayne Harris! Call 800-488-3407 for a free catalogue.

I purchased 1-2194 Air cylinder, valve, caster assy., heavy duty mounting
bracket @ $9.99. ¾" bore x 2½" stroke, stainless steel. The original cost
must have been several hundred dollars! Looks as if the amount of parking
brake movement at the drum is about and inch, so, ¾" bore @ 90 psi = 13#
push/11# pull x 2 (lever reducing travel by 50%) = 25# push. If that isn't
enough, I'll order a "fatter" cylinder to mount on the same bracket.

28-1390 is one of two turbo boost gauges they offer @ $9.99. I bought the
other one, too, but it is too big for my taste - AWESOME, though - like
you'd find on a fire engine, etc. The unit I like comes with 72" of nylon
tubing with ¼" npt fitting for the manifold. You'll need to swap out the 12
volt bulb for a 24v if you want night time illumination. NAPA carries this
small bulb in 24v.

Also, check out 6-987x 28v, 140 amp rebuilt generator @ $99.50 OR item #673,
a 300 amp, 28v continuous duty surplus generator for only $169.50. Looks as
if it would fit on an M35A

4-1216 is the 24v double acting air valve @ $24.50 or for the real AIR
enthusiast, 20-1138 is a 24v, 7-gang air/solenoid assy. @$47.99

11-2316 is a well-insulated 20' DC power cable, 2 strand - 6 gauge @ $12.95
to run your auxilliary power at remote locations or heavy duty jumper cable
if you install clamps.

My 2¢ worth,

Peter Zimbelman Robbinsville, NC 28771 828-479-3333