Re: [MV] NSN Help

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 18:14:43 PST

Hi Rich...

>Can anyone give me help on looking up an NSN no., 4930-00-246-7248? It's a
>fuel cart and I'm trying to find out what filter it uses. It's a spin-on
>type and I don't have an old one to match up with something. The mildocs.com
>NSN search has been down for quite awhile, so any help is most appreciated!

Yes, the MILDOCS NSN search has been down since 1 October 2003 and we
expect to have it finally back up very soon. The government servers
to which we contracted to get our raw data pulled the plug on all
their NSN services supposedly due to the Patriot Act and security. So
we now have 3 sources of NSN data now and we are hooking everything up
to make it available to you.

The MILDOCS.COM manual search and download is working fine.

For your specific question, here is all we could find on it:

NSN: 4930-00-246-7248
DESCR: CART, FUELING, DEFUEL

Made by:
  TEMPO PRODUCTS
  6200 COCHRAN RD
  SOLON, OH 44139-3308
  800-321-6301
  MFG DATE: 1997-07-01
  PRICE: $1502.82

Made by:
  MISSION TRADING INC
  11837 STARCREST
  SAN ANTONIO, TX 78247
  512-545-2391
  MFG DATE: 1993-10-01 to 1994-11-01
  PRICE: $1637.70

This item is not listed in any ETMs, so the best bet would be to
contact one of the companies that made these and see if they know
about the filter.

Good luck!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com