Re: [MV] Mil manuals for driver certification on deuces, 5 tons, Humvees, etc?

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 08:02:13 PST

While probably not the ' official ' way to do it, in the late 70's I was
the lucky sod chosen to test people for their Army license while in
Korea/our company. As I recall, they had to be able to lift the hood of a
deuce or 5 ton to check the oil ( some of the smaller women could not, and
were failed. Didn't that make their officers happy? ) and drive the
vehicle. I would have them turn on and off the lights while driving.
That's about it. I also did a year or so as a dispatcher for our motor
pool: never even heard of such manuals.

When first in service, at Ft Jackson for basic training, all we needed was
a civilian drivers license. No reading to be done for a military license
there either.

In light of this, if you DO find them they will probably be unopened-in
cherry condition!

good luck

              Paul