Re: [MV] what frequency?

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 13:33:14 PST

Doc Bryant wrote:

> Is there a common FM frequency used by mil veh collectors?
>
> I don't know, I usually listen to 103.1 unless I really have a burning
> desire to listen to NPR's "All Liberal Things Considered."
>
> Doc Bryant ;-)

This came in from the 'ArmyRadios' Yahoo group today:

Subject: [armyradios] File - armynets.txt
   Date: 9 Nov 2003 16:59:11 -0000
   From: armyradios@yahoogroups.com

Below is the current schedule of radio nets for use by
subscribers of the armyradios mailing list.

Armyradios net times and Frequencies:
TACTICAL FM:
Primary FM Tactical
GUARD CHANNEL: 51.0 MHz
(includes low-power squad radios)

1st ALTERNATE FM 51.6 MHz
2nd ALTERNATE FM 51.4 MHz
3rd ALTERNATE FM 50.4 MHz

The alternate channels listed are for use when significant
band openings create significant Interference on 51.0 MHz
-----------------------------------
10 Meter guard Channel:
HF-Long-range guard channel: 28465 KHz USB
Allows for all amateur license holders to communicate over
long-distances due to the world-wide propagation capability
of the 10 meter band while we are near the top of the current
sunspot cycle.

HF NET Schedules:
As HF propagation approaches Winter conditions,
and we move back to standard time,
the Wednesday evening net will
revert to the following:
channels:

Wednesday evenings-->8:00PM Pacific Time <--
Primary Frequency: 3996.00 KHz USB
1st Alternate: 7283.00 KHz USB
2nd Alternate: 7296.00 KHz USB
3rd Alternate (suggestion from one of our
list members on the West Coast) -> 7240 USB <-

Note that If 7296 is busy with LSB traffic on
7298 KHz, look for us on 7283 or 7277 USB..
A request has been sent to the list members
for a suitable replacement for 7296 USB
CW "AGENT-NET"
Calling/Working Freq:
New frequency to monitor/call:
carrier freq of: 7141.0 KHz

Morse net is Thursday evenings, 8PM Pacific time
(0400Z on Friday mornings)

For details on MORSE operatons, see the
Agent Net info on the tactical-link website:
<http://www.tactical-link.com/agent_net_ops.htm>

RATT/RTTY Operations:

MILITARY RADIO COLLECTORS GROUP
RTTY "CLATTERNET"

TIME:Saturday Mornings at 09:30 PST
FREQUENCY: 10.137 USB - 30 Meters
(Alternate frequency: 7087 KHz)
SHIFT: 850 CPS
MARK TONE: 1575 CPS (Mark Low)
SPACE TONE:2425 CPS

For those using the Kantronics KAM
or equivalent, select:
diddle = off
shift = modem
Upper Sideband has been selected to be
compatible with Military Radio Equipment.
The shift, mark and space tones are compatible
with the PRC-47/CV-2455 and GRC-106/MD-522
if it is set for 'Normal' Mode transmit and
receive tones), and other military equipment.

The Net will be undirected and operate in a
Round-Table fashion with no Net Control Station.

It is not necessary to have Military equipment
to check into the Net, only an interest in
the subject.

If computer control is utilized please set
the software to accommodate the mechanical
teletype machines used by most stations.
Set an appropriate Line Length and terminating
each line with a Carriage Return and Line Feed.

------------------

U.S West Coast MRCG:

(Military Radio Collectors Group)
 has a net on Saturday Evenings:
 2130 Hrs Pacific Time on
 3980 KHz for AM or SSB check-ins]
U.S. East Coast Military Collectors Net,
3885 KHz, Sat. at 0500 ET.

The URL for the armyradios group at Yahoo is:

Community email addresses:
Post message: armyradios@yahoogroups.com
   Subscribe: armyradios-subscribe@yahoogroups.com