Re: [MV] Mil FM Radios

From: MV Don Low (MVdonlow@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 16:40:09 PST

Why use 51.0 MHz ? This freqency is at the edge of the radio control band,
and is also near FM DX frequencies, so please limit use of this channel to
low-powered rigs with lousy antennas
      50.6 MHz that this frequency is at the edge of the "all-mode" band,
and is near the digital/packet calling channel, so please use it with
caution.

51.4 some Mil radio san not tune there at all !

http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greenradio/6mcallfreq.html

This is Why we chose 51.6 MHz it interferes the least with everyone, and
all Mill radios can tune to it !

IF more of us would chose to use it , We just might have a better chance to
contact another club. MilVeh DX wow

N0UBI
Don Low