Re: [MV] Mil FM Radios 0n 51.0 MHz

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 18:15:03 PST

    51.0 has been the standard freq for years and years. It's so well ingrained that to change it would take years and years, while people were between two freqs. Besides, lots of mil radio collectors are crystal controlled on 51.0 and would have to invest $ and knowhow to alter that. I have not heard of any conflicts with 51.0. If we could start over from scratch, it might make sense to choose something different. Surplus mil radios came on 51, which is historically why we use 51.  Jim W7LS

MV Don Low wrote:
Why use 51.0 MHz ? This freqency is at the edge of the radio control band,
and is also near FM DX frequencies, so please limit use of this channel to
low-powered rigs with lousy antennas
      50.6 MHz   that this frequency is at the edge of the "all-mode" band,
and is near the digital/packet calling channel, so please use it with
caution.

51.4  some Mil radio san not tune there at all !

http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greenradio/6mcallfreq.html

This is Why we chose 51.6 MHz  it interferes the least with everyone, and
all Mill radios can tune to it !

IF more of us would chose to use it , We just might have a better chance to
contact another club.  MilVeh  DX  wow

N0UBI
Don Low