Re: [MV] A Frame crane setup for front end of 5 ton truck?

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 08:17:49 PST

Thanks, I found it in a newer copy of that TM I pulled off Logsa. The 1963
version I had didn't have it in it.

Does anyone have more info on this kit? I would like to make one up, but
obviously the military did some engineering on this setup and I don't want
to reinvent the wheel. Any idea how long those poles are they used for the
A frame? Does anyone else have any details on this rig? If anyone is
interested, I'll put a drawing of the rig on my website once I get it done.
 I think I have most of the materials already. I'm thinking of using some
2 1/2" diameter pipe - 20 feet long for the uprights. Has anyone actually
used this rig? I'm thinking that actually getting the rig in the air might
be a challenge in itself. But it sure would be useful.

I've been sand blasting my dump truck box and I might weld in some brackets
to accomodate this rig if I can figure it out and get it done before it
gets excessively cold. I was spraying paint while the temp hovered around
38 this weekend. If it wasn't for hardener, this would not be possible!

Dave