more newbie deuce questions

From: enallin (enallin@bedford.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 20:56:30 PST

Hi all and thanks again to all who responded to my previous posts. The deuce
now has a Pa. antique plate, starts, runs, and stops! I found that one of
the inner rear tires wouldn't hold air- tube probably dry rotted. Two
current questions-

1) The wheel I just removed, and one other still on the truck, appear to be
riveted together. All the rest seem to be welded. I assume the riveted
design is older. Any problems with these riveted wheels?

2) Sure would have been nice to use an air wrench on the lug nuts! I've seen
comments on using the air valve in the passenger side of the cab to power an
air wrench. The current fitting there does not seem to be standard NPT.
Adapter? Change fitting?

Thanks again and God bless! Gene (I noticed at least one other Gene posts,
so I will be Gene in Pa.)