Re: [MV] Ring Mount

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 12:52:11 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan M Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Ring Mount

> At 11:58 AM -0500 11/17/03, topguns wrote:
> >Sitting in school thinking how cool it would look to have a ring
> >mount on the duece. What can i expect to pay for a decent condition
> >ring mount? How available are they? Thanks, Kirk
>
> What? Your's doesn't have one? Someone must have taken it off before
> it went to DRMO, after all, don't all Deuces have ring mounts? ;-P

Heh. Actually, in the last sale up in Ft.Lewis, they had a pallet of deuce
ring-mount legs come up in the EUC stuff. I've also seen them in
scrapyards. I've yet to see a ring itself escape via either, but *did* see
one at the Oregon swap meet a number of years ago complete with its original
packing crate. And $1200 price tag.

Plus there are other problems even if you get one. One of our local
collectors (Vancouver, Canada) took his ring-mount equipped deuce across the
border to get some fuel or go to some swap meet or something, and when he
came back towards the Canadian border, was stopped by U.S. Outbound Team and
told that he wouldn't be allowed to leave the U.S. with that "restricted
piece of SME" on his vehicle ever again. Lucky they let him go even that
time.

"Security" and "Paranoia" are in no way synonyms.