Getting vehicle year from registration number

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 13:31:32 PST

Hi, gang. I think that I recall an older MIL-VEH thread and/or a MV
Mag article which described how to determine the year of delivery of
M-series military vehicles from their registration numbers. I'm having
trouble finding that information. Can anybody give me a nudge in the
right direction?

I have a few deuces that I got from GL a couple months ago that don't
have their years of delivery stamped on their data plates. Their
registration numbers are:

    04D98671
    4L1095
    4D5431
    NK0F50

I think the last one is a 1972 truck, because I have another 1972
truck with an "NK0" number.

Thanks in advance for any information or leads!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/