[MV] M348A2 trailer towing ? clarified

From: michael@tsixroads.com
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 07:36:30 PST

These are M348A2 semitrailer van 6 ton single axil designed to be towed by M52 5-ton truck tractor. From the TM I noted that they have an intervehicler plug on the frount and the back that is the same. They are issued with an intervehicler cable that goes between the trailer and the tractor. I bid on these sight unseen and they are 3 hours away. Does anyone know if the plug on the frount of the trailer is a standard military trailer plug as found on most M series trucks? If so, I could make a addaptor from a small trailer harness with a comercial plug on the other end. To do this I would need a pin out of the plug. I didn't see one in the trailer TM. Does anyone know of a TM it is in?

Mike
Tishomingo, MS
M35A2, M1010