Re: [MV] Military Only Zone-Response Memphis Belle

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 04:32:48 PST

If my memory serves me correctly, the following illustrates a point:

The real Memphis Bell vs the flying Memphis Bell.

The real one was restored to flying condition with original and some hard to
come by parts. It was then flown to Memphis and was put on display. It will
be
seen by hundreds of people every year.

The flying one tours the country and is seen by 100's of thousands of people
each year and is kept in flying condition with great difficulty and expense
while
some of the parts that could keep it flying longer and let it be seen by
more
people, are sitting in a plane that is in a museum and will never fly
again....

Fire away...!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce