Re: [MV] Military Only Zone-Response

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 03:06:06 PST

My vehicles are restored for sho and go. They will never be totall original.
I too like to look at a fine museum piece, but musuem pieces usaually reside
in a museum or are trailered to shows. They are seen much less than a
driver.
    To really get the taste of these vehicles, you need to drive them as far
as
I am concerned. To fully appreciate them, this is necessary.
    I drive my primary CCKW between 2000 and 3000 miles a year. I enjoy
every minute of it. It has won prizes, but it is not 100% original. It looks
nice
but has been modified for go. It has an alternator, electric fuel pump ans
is
12 volts now. When I am at a show and turn on the key and step on the
starter button, I want it to go, not think about it.
    I sometimes let kids sit in the truck if their parent is there to
control them.
Recently I found black marks on the white star on the passengers door. I
determined it was froma kid being held up to look in the window, kicking his
sneakers against the door/star.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce