Maintenance cranes

From: John Paulding (kb9wle@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 17:52:24 PST

I was talking with dad a few days ago and he remembers
seeing maintenance personell changing an engine in a
deuce with a special crane. He said that the crane
mounted to the front bumper and frame members and
looked like a bent fishing pole with a hand winch on
it. Note: I am not referring to the A-frame crane kit
used to move cargo, this was a special crane used
solely to change engines.

If anybody has seen one, or knows how they are built,
I would appreciate hearing about it. Never know when
I might want to change an engine "in the field" :-)

John P.