Re: [MV] M101A1 SPARE TIRE MOUNT?

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 06:54:07 PST

The M101 trailer used the same wheel as the M37. When they dumped the M37
for the M715, units were told to keep the spare off the M37 for use on the
M101 series trailers since the M715 series rim had a slightly different hole
setup that would go on the trailer but not stay tight.
    The M37 spare was usually just tossed in one of the trailers or trucks.
When they went to the M880 and CUCV's, M101/M37 spares became a premium item
for the services. Very few M101's were retrofitted with carriers from what
I've seen, with the exception of Pioneer Tool Trailers..
    The M101CDN trailers had spare tire brackets mounted on them from the
factory and they will bolt on a US M101 if you can find one. They show up at
flea markets from time to time and take the M37 spare tire bolt spinner to
hold the tire in place.
    Try some of the vendors in MV Magazine or Supply Line that advertise the
CDN trailer for sale or Canadian MV dealers, for take offs.
    Ron