Re: [MV] M101A1 SPARE TIRE MOUNT?

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 06:54:51 PST

In 1976 when the Canadian Army replaced the M37 Dodge with the 1 1/4 ton
Chevrolet the wheels and tyres on the M101 trailers were of course not
compatible with the towing vehicle. So the trailer would have a spare they
removed the spare tyre and carrier from the M37's and bolted it to the front
of the trailer. Accordingly in Canada there is a shortage of M37 spare
mounts on the trucks that were sold as surplus!!
Ubique!
Ian