RE: [MV] CUCV Glow Plug Problem

From: Stu (stuinnh@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 10:53:46 PST

Hi!
Well, it could be a number of things. First, I would pull out the big
resistor that drops the volts from 24 to 12v and hook directly to 12v.
Then, bypass the controller card and put in manual glow plug button hooked
to solenoid to trigger the glow plugs when button pushed. Push 10 seconds
warm weather, and about 15 seconds in the winter to start. Master kill
switch will also save starter in the future

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA
        "Live Free Or Die"

Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.
Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
Vehicles:
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer