Re: [MV] Visiting Chicago, things to do

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 06:50:01 PST

>Kenosha Military Museum...Mark Sonday.............runs it.

I have heard that he, along with every other business along that stretch of
I-94 are being moved out or relocated. For some reason Mark more so than
the other business (fireworks store, porno stores, etc) has been the target
of a massive campaign for many years by the town to get rid of him. I've
only met him twice in 20 years so can't say I know what the problem is.

I did just drive by there thursday and it sure looks like there are fewer
pieces out there on display. It's all outdoors so take warm clothing. For
directions, just take I-94 north out of Chicago, cross the state line then
get off at the exit for "C" as I recall, go under highway to west side
frontage road and go north. There are frontage roads on both sides so if you
pass it (it will be along the west side frontage road) you can get off at
next exit and go back south.

have fun !

je