Re:[MV] CUCV Glow Plug Problem

From: Richard (metal@fullwave.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 09:16:42 PST

Maybe someone already mentioned this, but
are you sure your GP's are bad?

All of the GP's that I've used in various engines
over the years fail OPEN. I.e. infinite ohms, not
"zero".

A lot GP's are only a fraction of an ohm when cold;
and lots of ohmeters will show that as "zero".

If you're using a digital meter, zero is NOT "open".

Open would show as "OL" (overload, or overrange).

Just guessing here, but I'd say both sets of GP's are OK.

I don't have a GM diesel...maybe your GP's fail
shorted; but I haven't seen that before.

Richard

--